Thursday, May 28, 2009

Simba and Reefton come to Play

Well I have arrived back in Canada, with grettings from kiwis left right and centre, it was hard to believe we wernt in NZ. Si and Reefton had arrived a few days earlier and were keen to show off their new set of wheels..

(The holdy...errr...falcon...err....foldy well really its a tarus)

With boats ready to go Shaun showed them the hot spots of North Vancouver, the local runs down the road.


Shaun on the Seymour


Si on the Seymour

We then decided being a long weekend, well do what kiwis do best - go tramping! Yup I think it was the first time I ever saw Simba wearing shoes that wernt made for the river. So Shaun, myself, Si, Reefton, Dangerous Dave and Megan hit the stein valley.

Reminissing old times over some tea johnny sugar



Theres nothing like a smokin hot day cooling off in the snow melted rivers



Si was a little uncomfortable about living in bear country, so I gave him some pointers in how to sniff them out



The kiwi catcher taking on the Fraser River, this was how we had to get to the start of the trail

So it was a good weekend had by all. Unfortunatley us kiwis are going our seperate ways once again. Si and Reefton are now in Alberta rafting out of Canmoe and I am heading on down to the States first Washington then Wyoming...I'll keep you posted

2 comments:

katypie said...

Aww man, wish I was there too! Keep having fun kiddies...

Jono said...

Sick photos! Love your work