Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kiwi Serenity!!

Work hard, play hard or so they seem to say in this little part of the world. I would have to agree with the play side of things but have been rather unfortunate as to now understand a little more of the work aspect. Life in the hustle and bustle of Christchurch is back to it's usual pace and beyond. Nothing new really I always did try and cram far too much into my busy life and now it also has a hectic work aspect to it as well. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about I arrived home after 5 months leave (gallavanting around the world) to find that my "career" had been set to over drive while I was away. I am now project manager for a smallish wind farm in the Wellington area.

Okay enough of all that, now back to the interesting stuff. After my recent slackness in adding anything to this blog I thought I would give you a few pics of good old kiwi serenity!! So the following are just a bunch of pics from random missions over the past couple of months. Enjoy!!


Long Beach (this is what I came home to!)



Pretty.....




Taking it all in!

Up to my usual bouldering styles

Some Solo Missions! - to varying degrees of sucess



My own little piece of the world (for a night anyway), the last of the evening light - hallelujah flats


A frosty morning!

Me rapped up against the cold enjoying a warm breakfast and the peace and quiet


The sunshine finally arrives




It's not always sunshine - Haupiri river (midday) and doing what it does best on the west coast!


Thinking twice about any solo river crossings

The Port Hills






Crusty and Ken chillin in the sunshine after a stroll in the hills

Crusty.... because he hates getting caught on camera

Crusty again - just to rub it in!

Random Forays into the Wilderness / Darkness

Random friday night discussions and a few wines sometimes get you into trouble......

Rach negotiating the gorse and the darkness - just get out the machete you found earlier Rach

Rach swallowed by the night

1st day of the season - Mt Cheeseman (majic!)


Rach taking in the serenity!

Me and some white stuff!

Even the moon made an apperance

Rach enjoying her first taste of the pow!

Me basking in the last sunshine of a sweet bluebird day on the hill! - then off for a cold Speights


Hope you enjoyed! Peace, Ems

No comments: