Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy times here and there

Hello fellows, just a few photos from the last three weekends. First came the White Water Week from which I have very little photos. i especially missed the social events, but it was all good. I cracked my windshield, blew a tyre and got stung by a wasp (so did katie) and we both blew up like hot air balloons. For 4 days I had three nipples. Living the dream. 
It was also good to see Emma after a while (although I returned the wrong bouldering mat to you, sorry about that dear. hope I can fix it)


Someone playing on the O'sallies wave, which was very good, fast and easy to get onto at the time. Good stuff
Someone else getting popped out of Orikei Falls


The following weekend, Greg Seaton, I and Tim Sikma, amongst others took part of a Mountain Alpine Marathon, a two days Rogaine event. It was my first event of that kind, and I must to say I learnt things. I will take a much lighter backpack next time and also try to not screw up as often. We finished disqualified two hours after dark after crossing swamps and goarse fields under the moonlight, which was all good, but poorly rewarding from a racing point of view. Tim, out of his great great fitness ( which he judge poor), mastered and finished third.


The secret location was between Mt Somers and Lake Heron. Great sights guaranteed at all time.

Last weekend, me and my flatmate Rob took our mtbikes intending to make it to Wanaka, but a bent drive shaft made us decide to keep it low profile and we only made it as far as Lake Paringa, stopping here and there for rides, swims, free camping and fire shit. all good weekend I must say. Got properly rained on around Lake Kaniere, which made me wish I had brought a kayak along.

















2 comments:

Em said...

All good about the bouldering mat, will sus out the exchange of goods sometime this week. You get away with your life this time my friend.

Glad to see a few missions taking place!

Shaun said...

good on ya bro. we're off climbing for the next few days. booyah