Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Office...

Hi guys, just thought Id give you a little taste of what I have been up to. My work is finished now for the year, currently I feel like a stay at home house wife cooking all the boys muffins! But enough of that these photos below are from the last program I did with work last week. We were right on the border of Victoria and South Australia along the coastline. It was a year 8, 7 day school camp preparing them for next year as for 1 term they live on an island, kind of like what Shaun did with Tihoi. It was like a little journey, heres what we did...

We canoed for 3 days on the Glenelg river, starting from the river mouth and heading up stream, the river is so flat it dosn't matter which way you paddle! yup extreme!


I saw a koala!

We then got transferred to the coastline and went sandunning on these mammoth dunes (probabaly one of the highest peaks in the area, which still isnt that high prob only bout 100m high) But it was like walking through a desert, with emus running around - very weird

We then hiked around Cape Bridgewater which is part of the Great South West walk, I have never hike anything like it, pretty spectacular. The photo on the left is hiking over the higest sea cliff in Victoria. Passing a seal colony.


The flies were pretty bad, you just had to put up with them or else you would actually go insane!


We went through a petrified forest!


And then we hiked some more...


After hiking we went back to the river and attempted to build a raft, but ended up swimming and pushing it along. We then finished the journey with a tour through one of the local caves, I wish I had taken my camera because it would have made for some awesome photos!

Anyways we have big plans to head to Tassie on Boxing day so we will keep you posted, I hope all is well and wish you all the best for Christmas and New Years -Hope santa spoils you!

- Jacs XOX

1 comment:

Luc said...

I always knew and told you you were attracting flies. Must you your sweat or somethin. Dear, you guys must have stunk a lot. bouuhh